Sunday, February 7, 2010

Synthetic Life Shots with Cocktail Chasers

I got my first freelance graphic design job this week and I could not be happier with the result. I worked really hard to make sure it looked good, effective and professional while fighting with my PC who couldn't handle the high resolution files and the realisation that it will never live up the standards of a Mac....I have to get a Mac....!!

But it also hit me as to what this year is going to be like for me. I have completly done a 180 in terms of my attitude to things that would normally keep me awake at night. Last year I was obsessed with this 'image' of how I thought I should be perceived but my insecurities came down to not having enough faith in myself and my goals and at the end of the day you can't force people to like you or notice you. So relax.

Out of my comfort zone I feel less adventurous and more likely to take it slow which is a nice change. I was wondering where that girl had gone, seems she was just hibernating at the bottom of a cocktail glass and overpriced dresses but now Im 90% chocolate and 10% Hannah Montana re-runs and i think I am Ok with that for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? Post your opinion.